Each year, through Animal Health Week, the veterinary community draws attention to an important health-related message.
The CVMA is proud to have celebrated Animal Health Week across the country for more than 30 years. From September 30 – October 6, 2018, CVMA will showcase the importance of vaccinations. The spread of communicable disease has not only becoming an increasing concern in the human population, but within the animal community as well. It is even more relevant given the increase in international travel and importation of animals from foreign countries. Furthermore, disease spreading parasite populations have grown and the regions in which they live have amplified. This year’s theme, Vaccines Save Lives!, is an opportunity to remind animal owners about one of the most important components of animal health – disease prevention. We will focus on prevention through immunization and remind animal owners to discuss the best vaccination protocols for their animals based on their breed, age, overall health, risk of exposure, and region in which they reside. A vaccinated animal is a happy, safe, and healthy animal.
We’re reminding animal owners about these Five Reasons to Vaccinate:
- Vaccinations are safe and effective – they prevent many animal illnesses.
- Vaccinations protect everyone – they prevent diseases that can be passed not only from animal to animal, but also from animal to human.
- Vaccinations are an important part of annual health exams.
- Vaccinations are tailored to each animal based on its breed, age, overall health, and disease exposure risk.
- Vaccinations can help avoid costly treatments for diseases that can be prevented.
Promotional materials will be available June 1st, contact the CVMA for more information.
GENEROUS SUPPORT OF THE CVMA 2018 ANIMAL HEALTH WEEK CAMPAIGN IS PROVIDED BY:
Program Plus Sponsor
In Partnership With
Registration for the 2018 CVMA Convention in Vancouver, BC is now OPEN!
Join us from Thursday, July 5 to Sunday, July 8, 2018 in Vancouver, British Columbia for the 2018 Canadian Veterinary Medical Association's (CVMA) Convention.
- Choose from over 115 diverse sessions, with over 30 speakers, two wet labs, and one workshop.
- Decide which sessions are most relevant; sessions open to ALL (DVMs, RVTs and clinic staff)
- Attend CVMA signature events including the CVMA Summit, National Issues Forum, and Emerging Leaders Program
- Visit the Exhibit Hall with over 75 exhibit spaces in the new JW Marriott parq Vancouver
Read the latest newsletter here: http://conta.cc/2sHIQyX
Register online here! Early bird rates in effect until May 31, 2018 (11:59 p.m. EST).
The 2018 CVMA Convention is in partnership with
and in collaboration with the
L’inscription au Congrès 2018 de l’ACMV à Vancouver est maintenant ouverte !
Joignez-vous à nous du jeudi 5 juillet au dimanche 8 juillet 2018 à Vancouver (Colombie-Britannique) pour le congrès 2018 de l’Association canadienne des médecins vétérinaires (ACMV).
- Choisissez parmi plus de 115 conférences différentes qui présenteront plus de 30 conférenciers, deux laboratoires de travaux pratiques et un atelier.
- Choisissez les ateliers qui sont les plus pertinents; les ateliers sont ouverts à tous (médecins vétérinaires, techniciens vétérinaires agréés et employés de la clinique)
- Assistez aux événements phares de l’ACMV, dont le Sommet de l’ACMV, le Forum sur les enjeux nationaux et le Programme des futurs leaders
- Visitez le Salon des exposants qui présentera plus de 75 stands d’exposition dans le nouveau JW Marriott parq Vancouver
Apprenez-en advantage : https://www.veterinairesaucanada.net/science-knowledge/annual-convention
Lisez le plus récent bulletin ici (en anglais seulement) : http://conta.cc/2sHIQyX
Inscription en ligne ici ! Les droits de l’inscription hâtive seront en vigueur jusqu’au 31 mai 2018 (23 h 59 HNE).
Le congrès 2018 de l’ACMV est organisé en partenariat avec
et en collaboration avec
RVTTC is pleased to announce the winners the $500 Visa Gift Cards from The Personal.
Congratulations to Paula Wade of Cochrane, Alberta and Roxane Wenstrom of Dalemead, Alberta who each won a Visa Gift card worth $500 from the Personal, just by getting a quote.
If you have not already taken advantage, remember that as a member of RVTTC, you are entitled to preferred rates on your home and auto insurance that is not available to the general public.
Get a quote online or call The Personal today – and see how much you can save!